The Central Road Race League application form can be downloaded here as a PDF document.
- The name of the organisation is the CENTRAL ROAD RACE LEAGUE / CENTRRL. http://roadracecentral.uk
- The CENTRRL objective is to provide through its member clubs, Road Racing under the technical regulations of British Cycling of not less than 60 kms for first claim members.
- Membership shall run from February 1st to November 31st.The annual membership fee is £40.00 for Member clubs payable by bank transfer by January 31st 2017. Clubs who fail to pay by 10th February will be suspended until the fee is paid, any points gained during suspension will not be awarded and will be lost. All new applications for membership are to be sent to the Secretary, along with details of the event pre-registered with British Cycling.
- A General Meeting shall be called annually at the end of each season. The date to be determined by the Secretary.
Notice of the AGM will be made known at least fourteen days before convention.
- Each member club including new members shall promote annually one or more races in accordance with rule 2. Such races will be preferably at weekends or Bank holidays on Public Roads. The league may make reasonable requests to organisers to change the dates of events to avoid clashes with other CENTRRL event.
In order to facilitate a proper distribution of racing for all categories, the League reserves the right to suggest the categories of races promoted by its constituent clubs.
- The promoting club shall be responsible in all matters concerning their events, and shall pay levies to league and BC along with relevant documents.7. Race results will be sent to the secretary /website manager within seven days of the event. Results should exclude none- CENTRRL riders. Points shall be allocated by scratch placing of CENTRRL riders
- Prize values shall be of the following order and not less than:
40 Riders £14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4
50 Riders £18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4
60 Riders £22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4
Primes and enticements are at the organiser’s discretion.
- Field Selection – Regional Events
- a) Regional Events: Priority selection shall be given to i) Juniors irrespective of region then ii) CENTRRL riders up to a maximum of 4 per team. b) Where an event is under subscribed on the closing date promoting clubs may complete the race start sheet with further entrants from their own or other member clubs and then entrants from non-member clubs. c) Race competitors will be categorised as per their racing licences on all start sheets. d) In the event of a full field of CENTRRL riders equal representation to be enforced (i.e. to select the field one rider taken from each CENTRRL club in turn then second rider etc. until maximum of 4 riders per team is reached. Riders to be selected according to (i) Category then (ii) Licence points indicated on their entry form unless otherwise specified by Club secretary of the riders club under a single cover by letter before the closing date. The number and selection of reserve riders is at the discretion of the organiser. Reserves must number no more than 25% of the main field as allowed under the BC Technical Regulations. They should not be listed alphabetically in name or club order. e) Any rider from a member club who enters a CENTRRL event and finds another rider has been given preferential entry contrary to rules should notify the management committee who will decide appropriate punishment of the promoting club. (This could mean exclusion from the League for the current or subsequent seasons). f) The management committee may permit an organiser to disregard any rule of field selection where it resolves that it is in the interests of the League to do so. g) In any event, the Organiser may select 10% of the field at their discretion h) National Events:
There shall be no restrictions on field selection for National level CENTRRL events.
11.Events may not be postponed without consultation. Where there are extenuating circumstances, the League, at its discretion, may agree to an alternative suitable date within the same season. Any club not running their event on the declared date without good cause render themselves unavailable for the remaining league calendar, and liable to dismissal from the league.
12 a) The 2017 CENTRRL Trophy will be competed contested by the member Clubs aggregating the highest number of points from the BC structure where points are awarded in accordance with the table in appendix (i). Results will be taken from a rider’s best 6 results over the season. Clubs will accumulate the total points from their riders. Points will be awarded based on the scratch placings. eg: If a CENTRRL rider is placed second to a non-CENTRRL rider, they will take the points for 2nd, not 1st.
In addition the overall winning team will receive a cheque for the sum of £100.00 plus medals.
12 b) Individual Championship riders will be awarded points as per the present BC Competition framework.
13. All CENTRRL events will advertise their CENTRRL membership via the BC Handbook, BC Calendar, Entry Form and Race Programme and other media, where applicable.
14. In all matters the BC Technical Regulations apply.
|Appendix (i)||Central Road Race League – Individual Points|
|National B||Regional A||Regional B||Regional C|